Highlights of Hoa Lu – Tam Coc Full Day (private)
- Enjoy a boat trip to visit Tam Coc a three hour boat trip along the Boi river
- Visit three enormous caves and view local fisher folk and explore the village along the river
- Visit an ancient Capital of Vietnam (968 – 1009) and the temples of the Dinh & Le Dynasty
We leave Hanoi at 08.00 and head south for the two hour drive along Highway One. We spend one hour visiting the Dinh and Le sanctuaries. These are the two remaining temples of the ancient citadel of Hoa Lu. The first is dedicated to Dinh Tien Hoang (also known as Dinh Bo Linh), an Emperor from the Dinh Dynasty. The second commemorates the rulers of the Le Dynasty. Dinh Bo Linh successfully conquered Vietnam’s first independent rulers, the Ngo Dynasty. On his death in 980, General Le Hoan wisely married Dinh’s widow and established the Le Dynasty and enlarged the citadel. After the visit, start a cycle ride for an hour on picturesque quiet roads through villages, rice fields and rivers and rocky outcrops to Tam Coc (12km).
Local lunch in Tam Coc then enjoy a boat trip to visit Tam Coc a three hour boat trip along the Boi river. This area is rightly often referred to as the Halong bay on land due to the similar topography. We return back to Hanoi around 06.00pm. Say goodbye at your hotel.
- Local lunch
- Entrance fees
- Boat trip in Tam Coc
- English speaking guide
- Transfer in air-conditioned vehicle
- Biking ride from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc
What’s Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities